Sunday, October 23, 2022

Arizona State Fair

Saturday we went to check out the State Fair. Coming from small town Pennsylvania, this place was insane compared to the local county fairs I'm used to. 

I had heard a lot of things about the fair regarding price so was hesitant to go. We decided we would just go check out this time so we would know what to expect. I can definitely see how it could get expensive if you were taking kids that would be riding and playing games. The entrance fee was $15/person, so for us that wasn't too bad to just walk around and take it all in.

One of the reasons I went was to visit a friend from work. She works at one of the funnel cake stands so of course we had to check that out. These were not your basic funnel cakes! Jason got a funnel cake sundae and I got an apple pie.

After we had our dessert first we continued checking things out. While we didn't eat "real food" at the fair, there were so many options. Mexican food, Indian Fry Bread, Turkey Legs....it was much more than your basic "Chicken and Fries". 

Oh, and let's not forget the fresh donuts!

The rides here were easily comparable to what you'd find a regular amusement park. I don't know the names but they went WAY up and flipped around, definitely not for the weak. Haha. 

They had three different ferris wheels and a sky ride too.

My core memory was unlocked when I saw they had the old school Zipper ride. I loved riding this as a kid and remember my first time to deal ng at the Blairsville Carnival (yes, I just aged myself with that one.) I will say it seems much smaller than I remembered!

Our last stop was the Agricultural Barn....aka COWS!!!! This part of the fair wasn't as farm heavy as the Indiana County fair, but they did have some different animals such as llama and camels! Of course, as I already mentioned, the cows are my favorite!

For just walking around and taking in the sights, we spent just about an hour or so at the fair. I'd definitely go back again, especially if we had visitors during that time. 😉 The fair runs every year for the entire month of October for anyone interested in checking it out! 


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! PA needs a state fair! I was just at the GA State fair. Never knew that was a thing. Now that I am seeing AZ has one too, I think a good goal would to be go to all the State Fairs! Yours next of course!! Haha :) Miss and love yinz!

    ReplyDelete

Fall Colors - Boyce Thompson Arboretum

One of our favorite places to visit is Boyce Thompson Arboretum (or as I called it "The Arbotorium" Haha.) It's on...